Some interesting Twitter data was released by Sysomos that gives some good insight into how Twitter is evolving by comparing 2009 numbers with 2010. A study that is nothing to be scoffed at with a sample size of one billion tweets.
Some highlights of our comparison of Twitter usage between 2009 and 2010 include:
- Users with 100+ friends have increased by three-fold to 21% since 2009.
- 22.5% of users accounted for about 90% of all activity.
- 80% users have made fewer than 500 tweets.
- Justin Bieber is one of top two-word phrases and top name in user’s bios.
- Significantly more users are disclosing their location, bio and web information in Twitter profiles.
Answer me this:Loading ...